Question
Posted by: Apple | 2010-01-12

Apple Cider Vinegar - weightloss

Good Day

I purchased a bottle of apple cider vinegar well more than 4 months ago and I have not opened same yet.

The colour of apple cider vinegar is usually a very light yellow colour. My bottle has developed a dark rust colour.

Could I still use same?

Is there any benefit to mixing a table spoon of apple cider vinegar together with a table spoon of lemon juice (and a table spoon of honey) in a glass of warm water and drinking same in the morning.

I have been told that this is great for losing weight and combating high cholesterol.

Please advise.

Thanks!

Dear Apple
I am a bit surprised that your bottle of apple cider vinegar has oxidised so much within the short space of time of 4 months. I would hesitate to use it because it may have fermented? Rather buy a new bottle. Drinking apple cider vinegar and lemon juice is not harmful, but I doubt that it will promote significant weightloss. Just rinse or brush your teeth after drinking these acidic liquids because they can erode the tooth enamel. Eating raw apples with their skins may reduce cholesterol levels because the pectin in raw apples can lower the absorption of dietary cholesterol slightly.

2
Posted by: E | 2010-01-12

Only thing it WILL do is erode your teeth!! Be very very very careful. Rather eat less and move more.

Reply to E
Posted by: DietDoc | 2010-01-12

Dear Apple