Question
Posted by: sam | 2010-02-25

Apple Cider Vinegar 2

Thanks Docfor the advise - re question 299.

I have noticed during teh last week or so that I have had an increase in " gastic refux" ? I was told a while back it wa sdue to an hiatus hernia that was not too serious. I took ant-acids every now and then and not had a problem for about a year.

Since starting with the ACV I have started burping again.

Is this caused by the incerease of the acid in the ACV?

Would taking a ant-acid (eg Rennies) occassionally negate the effect of the ACV ?

Expert ImageNatural health

hi

i would suggest reducing the apple cider vinegar as this would worsen the gastric reflux.
It is ok to take ant-acids but really only occasionally. Ant-acids work on a negative feedback cycle. Meaning you take the ant-acid, you feel better but your brain thinks there is too little acid and starts producing more acid. Over time you have a more chronic problem. Rather try Nat phos (tissue salt) for increased acidity.

Dr Debbie
www.drdebbie.co.za