Question
Posted by: Lesley | 2008/07/07

appetite suppressants

Hi doc
how safe are appetite suppressnats, I used to constantly be hungry in my previous job - and eat due to stress, I moved jobs now i continously have cravings to just eat because im` bored in
my new job. Im` not over weight, my BMI is 25 and Im trying to eat
according to weighless principles so as not to go over to the overweight bracket and yes i feel better about my eating habbits - but still - I stay hungry & I cant occupy myself long enough not to
think about food - any suggestions?

Dear Lesley
I have just dedicated the last 2 DietDoc Topics published on this Website to the dangers of appetite suppressants. Click on 'Diet' at the top of this page and do a Search for "DIET PILL BAN WELCOMED" (which addresses the dangers of appetite suppressants containing ephedrine or its derivatives, and "EPHEDRA DIET PILLS ARE ALSO NOT SAFE!", which concerns the use of over-the-counter and herbal appetite suppressants that contain ephedra or synephrine. None of these products are safe and recommendable, so rather avoid them. From what you say, I would surmise that your tendency to be hungry all the time is always emotionally triggered - either by stress (as in your previous job) or boredom (as in your present job). I would recommend that you consult a clinical psychologist so that you can sort out the underlying emotional problems that drive you to overeat. Stick to the Weigh-less principles and try to do some exercise to lift your mood and help to control your weight.

1
Posted by: Zexeon | 2008/07/07

Quite safe or els it won't be marketed but not the recommended why to supress appetite, rather try to determine why you want to comfort eat and if its due to boredom you could rather find something stimulating to do ect. You could also drink water/tea/coffee and see if your hunger won't sip side.

Reply to Zexeon