Posted by: Wanabthin | 2009-04-02

Appetite Suppressant vs Wellbutrin?

I desperately want to lose weight. I need to lose around 7 - 10 Kg. The problem is, that I' m really scared of taking any medication to aid in my weightloss, because I have been diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder, and I have had one major episode before and am so scared of having ANYTHING interfere with my meds, that might get me off " balance" . I want to take an Appetite Suppressant, Relislim, (or anything that might work for that matter) and want to know whether that will have an effect on my meds &  state of mind. If it does, how does a person with this disorder lose weight without losing my mind??? I tend to binge &  starve.

Sorry, folks, for the delay in responding. I've spent an anxious day in the dark, as Tshwane City Council can't keep the lights on, and this is my third power-cut this year.
There IS NO safe and effective medication to take for weight-loss ( except for one unusual prescription one that interferes with the metabolism of fats ) --- do NOT take any of the over-the-counter stuff --- it dfoes not work and is not safe. Rather discuss all of this with the doc treating your bipolar disorder. Work with a dietician for a good eating plan / diet and an exercise program, and it will work

Posted by: Liza | 2009-04-02

Drinking an appetite suppressant is never a good idea - even if you don' t have the added complication of possible medication interactions.

If you really want to lose weight - see a dietician about a healthy eating plan and exercise more.

It might also be a good idea to have some thyroid tests done to ensure that this isn' t the problem causing the extra kilo' s. That is if it hasn' t been done already. I' m bipolar too and have the tests done in the past as well as recently.

Good Luck

Reply to Liza
Posted by: d | 2009-04-02

cut out all carbs for awhile and eat helps

Reply to d