Question
Posted by: shaz | 2010/04/21

appetite out of control

Pls can u recommend a strong appetite suppressant ?

Dear Shaz
I am not in favour of appetite suppressants after the Simply Slim saga where many members of the public became very ill (some dangerously so). If you feel the urge to eat all day then the first step is to have a medical examination to see if you suffer from hormone imbalances such as insulin resistance (IR) or diabetes, or if you are depressed. If you should suffer from IR or diabetes or hypoglycaemia, then it is essential for you to consult a clinical dietitian, because the correct diet is one of the most important factors in treatment. Visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area. The dietitian will take your diabetes, IR or other conditions such as overweight, into account when working out a diet for you, which will be based on foods with a low glycaemic index (GI). Click on 'Diet' and 'Weight loss' and 'The Glycaemic Index' and read the articles on the GI. Also click on ‘Food as Medicine' on the Diet Site and then on ‘Type 2 diabetes’. Ask your doctor what type of exercise you are allowed to do and get more active, e.g. start going for brisk walks for about 30 min every day, BUT if you have diabetes only do exercise if your doctor gives permission.

3
Posted by: John | 2010/04/29

There is a reason why you Dr wont give you a script.

Try my 2 boiled eggs in the morning. Easy to take to work and you can eat it at 9 or 10. EAT IT SLOWLY.
Tamato and cucumber in the afternoon

Reply to John
Posted by: shaz | 2010/04/21

FORGOT TO MENTION THAT MY DOCTOR WONT GIVE ME PERSCRIPTION COS HIS DAUGHTER IS A DIETICIAN :) I NEED SOMETHING WITHOUT A SCRIPT.

Reply to shaz

Dear Shaz