Question
Posted by: Ashleigh kavanagh | 2010/03/15

Appendix

I have a sharp pain on my right side where the appendix is situated (lower apdomen) The pain was quite bad this morning but by the time i went to the doc about 2 and a half hours later the pain had subsided. I can still feel the pain but it is not very bad.
Do you think i have appendicitis? The doctor said i did''nt because at that time it was''nt that sore and i did''nt experience nausea/vomiting or loss of appetite.. I have read that it is very dangerous so i would like a second opinion incase it ends up rupturing without me knowing?

What other method is used to diagnose Appendicitis?

Hallo Ashleigh
Speaking of experience: appendix pain starts over the navel and then gradually spreads to the right lower abdomen and it gets progressively worse with time, so much so that you can't walk straight up when you have it. You feel nauseous and feverish and if someone touches your abdomen you jump! Your blood test would show a high white cell count. Ovulation pain (mittelschmerz) can also cause a similar type of pain in the right lower abdomen but tends to be there for a while and then disappears. You won't have fever with mittelschmerz. HOWEVER, an appendix infection is not always predictable, so if the symptoms persist, rather go for a follow up examination

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/03/15

Hallo Ashleigh

Reply to cyberdoc