Question
Posted by: bitter blue | 2010-04-14

Appendics

I am currently on antibiotics (day 4) for abdominal pain. The pain is more a discomfort that has been there for 6 days now. My doctor thought it might be appendicitis and sent me for an abdominal sonar yesterday. The sonar was inconclusive, although my blood count shows an infection (but normal white blood cell count). The surgeon I saw thought it best not to admit me to hospital, as I''m not in acute pain and I don''t have a fever. What do you think? I''ve researched appendicitis and I don''t have most of the symptoms - I have some pain, nausea that comes and goes, and a bit of diarrhea. I''m hoping its just a tummy bug, can appendicitis even last this long?

The problem is: I''m very very stressed. I can''t sleep at night because of the fear of my appendics really being the problem. And I think my stress is physically making me ill, not my infection. I''m really really panicky and don''t know what will help? If it is appendicitis, will it become acute when I go off the antibiotics? I''m scared.

Hallo Bitter blue
If it was appendicitis, you would not be able to walk upright by now, and you would have had signs on the sonar and the white cell count would have been sky high. I think you should complete your antibiotic and just go for a follow up with your doctor if at the end of the course you still have pain. It is probably and infection caused by a tummy bug.

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010-04-14

Hallo Bitter blue

Reply to cyberdoc