Question
Posted by: BRIAN | 2011/04/28

aorta

I HAD A CT SCAN AND SHOWED A LARGED AORTA PLEASE TELL ME WHAT MUST I DO AND WHAT IS THE DANGER S. i went to a spl and i was told i have no danger.

Expert ImageCardiologist

Hi Brian

you do not say how old you are, or which part of the aorta is enlarged, or what kind of specialist you saw, or by how much your aorta is enlarged.
All these things are important.

My advice would be to see a cardiologist or good vascular surgeon, who should be able to answer all your questions, and give you advice a. about monitoring ie how often you need to have the CT scan or other test repeated to check for any change in the size of the aorta and b. about how to reduce any tendency of the aorta to enlarge further