Posted by: Auntie and new bf | 2009-07-21

after my mother passed away my aunt is the one who almost acted like a mother figure to me.she does care about me.she has her own she cannot be there for me all the time i need her after 3 years of dating this guy.i introdused him to her.though our relationship wasnt in the best state at the time because of things that happened between us..he is a very sweet guy,loving and caring.she loved him.a year later we broke up.i met some one else.but decided not to tell her.she found out about the new guy through my stupid friend.i was going to introduce him when i am ready she is so mad. she didn even know we broke up.she met this guy once but didnt know we are dating.i could see she dont like him..i dont know what to do.maybe she could be rite that i should be with my ex because she believes he loves me.w.i know she stayed with someone though her mom wanted her to be with the other they are divorsed.he is a pain dating young what if she is rite.i dont want to divorse when i i insane for thinking that way.and i cannot be open to her about how i feel.and i know the new guy can be a pain at times but i love him and he loves me.but i am scared of making the wrong choicei still care about my ex but that is not enough for me to stay with him.i just feeel sad about the whole thing.
please help

thank you.

Maybe ou would benefit from seeing a good counsellor, to improve your own personal coping skills, so you wouldn't need to feel so dependent on the availability of your aunt in handling your personal and relationship problems. This is an issue of politeness and respect. It's not for her to decide which boyfriend you should have.
In the example you quote, I'd guess you aunt is angry that you didn't TELL her, having introduced the first bloke as if this was to be a continuing relationship, that it had broken up and that you were heading in a different direction. Just apologise, and don't make a big issue out of it. Take her advice seriously, but make your own decisions

Posted by: lovey | 2009-07-21

that sounds so much like me.

fortunately or unfortunately. i am single now.decided to take a break from all was too much for me.
all that i dont want to disapoint my parents thing..........
i just wanted them to be happy for me thats all.
but you know parents.they want wats best for us. maybe she is rite maybe she isn.but at the end of the day its you and are not doing it for has to be for you.

Good luck girl

Reply to lovey