Posted by: Candice | 2009-05-20

Anything wakes me up...

I wake up many times during the night due to sounds such as my dog' s snoring and the ducks outside quacking, what is causing this light sleeping and what can I do / take to sleep better and not wake up?

Expert ImageSleep Expert

Evryone wakes roughly every 90 minutes at night, although they may not remember waking. In the lighter parts of sleep, even small noises may wake us, while in the deeper parts of sleep we are generally more difficult to wake.

The important thing is how you feel during the day. If you are alert the whole day, then there is nothing to worry about. However, if you are more tired than you should be, considering your activities, then there may be some condition causing the light sleep, and it would be worthwhile to get advice from a sleep doctor.