Question
Posted by: misbee | 2012/02/28

Anyone done gastric bypass?

I''m considering going for a gastric bypass surgery and would like to hear from people who have done it. Post-surgery experience etc

Dear Misbee
I trust that other Readers who have had gastric bypass surgery will give you feedback. You can check the 'Diet & Nutrition' section of this Website and do a Search with 'Gastric bypass surgery' or 'Bariatric surgery' to read articles on the subject. Also check the 'DietDoc Message Board Archives' because awhile ago a Reader reported back regularly about her gastric bypass surgery and how she was progressing. I hope that the latter info is still available in the Archives.

3
Posted by: Misbee | 2012/02/29

Thank Doris (and Dietdoc) for the feedback. Thank you Doris for the heads up, I was beginning to have second thoughts. My op date is 25/06/12 at Netcare Waterfall. Kindly email your details or send a blank email to nkonxab at gmail dot com and I will forward my details.

Reply to Misbee
Posted by: Doris | 2012/02/29

I had a gastric bypass done in July 2010 and it was the best gift I could have given myself. I weighed 110 kg and to date I have lost 45kg. I think my success has been that I followed my surgeon''s instructions to the T. I also went to a super dietician and again followed her instructions. My health has improved dramatically. I no longer take blood pressure medication and I no longer need to inject insulin twice a dayfor my diabetes, I only now take one Glucophage tablet at night. If you are in Johannesburg please include your tel no. and I will phone you. Good luck. You won''t believe just how easy it is if you do what you are told.

Reply to Doris

Dear Misbee