Question
Posted by: H | 2010/01/27

Any suggestions?

Hi. If i eat the following per day, do you think i could lose 1kg per week?
B/Fast: 1 small tub yohurt
Snack: apple
Lunch: 1 pita with cheese and tomato
Snack: 1 fruit
Supper: piece meat/chicken, with veg and 1/2 cup starch?
If not could you pls alter this for me, Thank you very much!!
Ps. I don' t do much exercise, usually leg lifts and stomach crunches every day.

Dear H
The diet you describe is very minimalistic and may be so low in energy that it counteracts weightloss. When your body gets a signal "Food supply cut off" it switches off its weightloss systems. I would recommend that you add another 2 servings of low-fat or fat-free milk/yoghurt or cottage cheese to your diet and check out the energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet on this Website. Click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet’ and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet. The leg lifts and stomach crunches are good because they will firm you up, but you also need to do so-called aerobic or cardio exercise to increase your energy output. Examples are running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, joining Walk for Life. Skipping is the easiest option because you can do it anywhere and don't need to join a gym. The combination of a balanced, energy-reduced diet and daily aerobic exercise for 30 min or more should lead to a weightloss between 0,5 and 1 kg per week. While you are on the ‘Weight loss’ site, read about every aspect of slimming (reasons for not losing weight, the dangers of diet pills, slimming aids, psychological aspects of slimming, etc) by surfing on this site.

1

Dear H