Question
Posted by: Kitty | 2011/04/04

Any other pregnant ladies ever feel like this?

Hi there. Has anyone else gone through this? I''m 8 weeks pregnant at the moment, and everyone is talking about how much they enjoyed it, and how pregnant women are so beautiful, and they''ve got a glow and what not. Tell you the truth, at the moment I''m just not feeling it. I''m sick 24 hours a day, I''ve got fybromyalgia, and can''t take my medication, so my body is constantly aching. And it''s like people are like angry with me for not enjoying it, and not leeping up and down in exitement. Like I''m an a-hole for feeling like this, cos how can you not be exited and running through fields of daisies ect. And everyone talks about having their babies, and how the births went, and how they breast fed and it''s things I''m really not interested in hearing. And they keep talking about it, as if it''s all I want to talk about, or care about. I''ve got other things that still interes me as well, and I''m not feeling well 99% of the time. What do you do with people like that. I keep to myself more now, just to avoid listening to their blabbering the whole time. Am I weird for feeling like this? I''m sure I''ll be better later on, but for now I''m just constantly concentrating not to vomit where ever I am. So sue me.

This is quite normal. Many women feel sick in the first trimester.

8

Posted by: Vixen | 2011/04/05

Hi Kitty, you must remember you are a total hormone ball when pregnant! LOL Nothing makes sense to you now, and you don''t make sense to some others. LOL I''m pregnant with my third baby, 15 weeks, it was not planned and I actually found out I''m pregnant the day before my husband was scheduled for his Vasectomy! So in my fist 12 weeks everybody thought me crazy to be depro about it, but I still was. Only now coming to terms with it. But what made it worse was the morning sickness, unlike you I did not vomit, but was constantly nauseous. But what helped for me was to eat something every two hours. Hope it passes quickly. Lots of good days to you!!!!

Reply to Vixen
Posted by: curly sue | 2011/04/04

YEAH...." WHATEVER" ............marie biscuits does not make it better! i eat something and it comes straight out.
gee so u also have the " oily"  glow in your hair and face, i thought i was the only one! lol :) i used to be full of life, now i am drained of it! i have my good days....okay 1 day a week, but the rest i just want to be left alone.

Reply to curly sue
Posted by: Kitty | 2011/04/04

Curly, the only glow I see now, are my oily face, and oily hair. LOL.
I get that some women have a good time, but aaallll I''m asking, is that they don''t look at me all judgmental and stuff, because I''m not happy as a hippy the whole time.

But I suppose I must just ride it out, and eventually I''ll have smooth sailing...touch wood.

This one lady at work told me, nooooo, she never even knew what morning sickness was, she didn''t have any such thing. Just later on she''ll tell me, no she used to eat Marie buscuits which made it better????? whatever right?.

Reply to Kitty
Posted by: curly sue | 2011/04/04

hi Kitty,
i am in exactly the same boat as you, i am 8 weeks pregnant today and from the start i have been nauseas and vomitting 24 hours a day, morning sickness has become 24 hours a day sickness, my back is sore, i am moody, irritable, i lost all my taste in my mouth, i cant sleep at night and all people are telling me to eat are marie biscuits and ginger biscuits, it does not help all woman! i am constipated, bladder infections, got the flu and the headaches are hell. some people tell me this will only last for three months then i get others telling me it will last for the full 9 months, screw that!
As for the glow, i wish i can see it cos i dont see nothing! i also try to concentrate not to vomit but if it wants to come out, it will come out! so i know how u feel!

Reply to curly sue
Posted by: Purple | 2011/04/04

Glad you feel a bit better.

The oversharing is quite normal too - yes, one completely loses perspective. You''ll do it too and only when you see someone''s horrified look will you have a good laugh at yourself - but you won''t stop doing it.

Reply to Purple
Posted by: Kitty | 2011/04/04

Thanks Purple. Yes, I also feel like Marie biscuits and ginger buscuits already. Hey y''all, I''ve got some news....it .. does...not...work! Nothing seems to work. And is it just me, or do women lose all their senses after having a baby. How do you sit and tell your work colleugeus out loud, about how hard your boobs were, and how tough your nipples were, and how horny you were all the time. That''s personal, and not to mention gross. Some women think they can share anything with you.
I''m just glad I''m not alone. It feels like I''m having a bad case of flu the whole time. So yes, I am a bit depro and down, but it will pass I''m sure. But I''m glad I''m not the only one, thanks for sharing that.

Reply to Kitty
Posted by: Purple | 2011/04/04

Nope you are quite normal.

Some women do have amazing pregnancies. Personally, I have had hyperemesis gradidarum (where you just vomit incessantly to the point of dehydration) in both my pregnancies - and if I" d owned a gun would have shot the next person to tell me to try marie biscuits - it cured them of all their nausea - what did they not get about I vomit 8 - 10 times a day through the day and the night, vomifene and emex don''t stop the vomiting and prescription meds sto pthe vomiting but not the nausea - which yes, marie biscuits take the edge off for a full 5 minutes on a good day - do they not get.

Buy yourself a book like what to expect when you are expecting. You will see that all the horrors you go through are quite normal and that its about half and half between women who seem to beam in the sunlight through pregnancies and the rest of us who are human - and are going to go on to have lovely children who we adore.

The nausea and vomiting do pass - though it does feel like they never will, and during months 4 - 7 you feel pretty fantastic, so you will have some good times in the pregnancy.

Reply to Purple