Posted by: Happy? | 2009-01-14

Any need for concern?

HI there

I have posted a few times on this site &  have yet another question. My wife suffered a severe relapse in March 2008 &  was diagnosed with Bipolar. At the same time we found out that she was raped as a child and had not told anyone, &  that these memories were returning &  had partially caused her relapse.

After 8 very difficult months for us &  our now 13 month old child, things seem very normal but I do still have one concern.

During the 8 months until now, her libido was practically non existant due to medication and we well basically celebate for that time. We spoke &  understood our intimacy issues and all of a sudden last week my wife became the sex kitten she was pre-March 2008.

Last week alone, she " jumped"  me three days in a row, including waking me up at 3am for a rather erotic round. (I do not intend this to turn into a sex forum but just would like to illustrate that her libido appears to be more than usual.

While I am DEFINITELY not complaining, I am concerned whether this is normal or if it can be a sign of instability in her state of mind. She hasnt done anything we havnt tried before (good or bad) but I would just like to know that everything is normal and that her renewed desire is something I can fully enjoy &  not woory about.

Withou a direct in-person assessment, of course, one can't be sure. Its possible that this could be the start of a manic up-swing within her bipolar disorder, as this can be accompanied by increased energy, lesser ened for sleep, and hypersexuality. Maybe ask her own psychiatrist about this ? IS she showing any other signs of excessive energy, over-talkativeness, unwise spending or other decisions ?