Question
Posted by: bernz | 2008-10-30

any help?

Hi CS something is wrong with me i think?? a little while ago i was raped which i feel is no excuse as surely i should be over it by now? i cant seem to get out of bed and when my father comes and tells me look get out of bed!! then i get up, i haven' t bathed in two days and normally i bath 3 times a day, i feel anxious all the time and tend to go numb with a throbbing headache i feel like my head has alot of preasure in my it. i just want to give up because i feel like i' m useless anyway. do you think there is something up or am i just being stupid?

Rape isn't an excuse ; it's a trauma which can affect one deeply. You are definitely NOT being stupid, and need to see a counsellor to deal with this problem. It is unfortunately common for a rape victim to be badly affected like this, but you can get over it and grow strong again

1
Posted by: frust | 2008-10-30

hi there,i am sorry for waht happened to you.i wold like to ask if you ever went for ccounseling after the incident to have a professional help you trhough it. sometimes these things dont register immediately but after a while to come back to haunt you.i know with me, when something happens to me i take time to actually realise that it has happened and after a couple of moths it hits me. i lost a friend in jan. and i still didnt believe that she was go up until my bday in July and i completely broke down and right now i am in councelling and dealing with the pain and everything tha comes with it.

Reply to frust