Question
Posted by: Delia | 2008/12/20

Any chance at all?

My husband (47)had testicular cancer and had chemotherapy in 2003. The last sperm count was done in 2006 and then he had about a 5% fertility rate. I (31)was recently diagnosed with endometriosis and would like to know what our chances are of conceiving. I was never pregnant before. We both have quite a stressfull lifestyle and long work hours but do have sex approximately 5 times a week for the past 8 years. We are not trying to conceive, and do not use any contraceptives but it is something I' m wondering about. I would greatly appreciate your answer.

Please note that during the festive season and annual shut down period no questions were attended to. The experts are back and if you are still interested in a response to your post, please re-post the question and it will be attended to promptly.

Kind regards

Dr M.I. Cassim and Dr Y. Dasoo

1
Posted by: Delia | 2009/01/13

My husband (46)had testicular cancer and had chemotherapy in 2003. The last sperm count was done in 2006 and then we were told he had about a 5 - 8% fertility rate. I (32)was recently diagnosed with endometriosis and would like to know what our chances are of conceiving. I was never pregnant before. We both have stressfull and demanding careers and long work hours but do have sex approximately 5 times a week for the past 8 years. We are not trying to conceive, (and do not use any contraceptives)is there any chance at all? It' s just something I'  m wondering about. I would greatly appreciate your answer

Reply to Delia