Question
Posted by: Tman | 2011/06/24

Any advice

In 2007 when my wife fell pregnant, we also found out that she was HIV+ and i was negative. I went back for my second test and still came out HIV-. Four years later our baby girl is doing fine and she is also negative since we took neccesary precautions to ensure that her mother didn''t transmit the virus to her. Now, early this year i tested again and still HIV-, how is this possible?

If your wife has a very low viral load, it is possible that you can still be HIV negative. You must remember that a women is like an 'incubator' in terms of risk for infection, whilst a man has just by the way you were made, a smaller risk. It can also be that your immune system is quite strong, but do not take unnecessary risks. SASHA

5
Posted by: llisa | 2011/06/28

You are so lucky please have protected sex with your wife I believe that she never had an affair realy God chose her for you.ALL THE BEST IN FUTURE

Reply to llisa
Posted by: Laurei | 2011/06/25

You have been blessed thus far, by not contracting the killer disease. Please start taking precautions so your child can have at least one parent should anything happen to deteriorate your wifes health, GOd forbid!
Good Luck

Reply to Laurei
Posted by: Tman | 2011/06/25

God chose her for me and i will forever love her no matter what her status is. As for our child, she is definitely mine,,,,,,

Reply to Tman
Posted by: Anom | 2011/06/24

I would think your wife had an affair with someone who is HIV+ and your daughter might not be yours. But if you tell me you having unprotected sex with your wife and still test negative, well that''s another story. Something for the pro''s to figure out. You very brave to stay with your wife after finding out she is HIV+ and you not, surely you would suspect something is not right???

Reply to Anom
Posted by: sexologist | 2011/06/24

Reply to sexologist