Question
Posted by: Sally | 2011/02/25

Anxious/Pannic Attack

I''m really feeling terrible today. Not physically. I feel like runnig away forever. And if i think about it - there is really nothing that i can think of to make me feel like this. I just feel so anxious and sweaty and I have heart palpitations and i feel shaky... I''m at work and can''t do anything. Can''t concentrate or focus on anything. What to do?

Relax. You are getting highly anxious without any good reason which would make such a degree of anxiety useful to you. Calm yourself, take a short walk, and remember what you are noticing are signs of anxiety, which is treatable, and will even go away on its own. These are not signs of impending disaster, either within you or around you. IF this feeling recurs, see a GP or shrink as it responds really well to proper treatment

3

Posted by: ANON | 2011/02/25

Try and close you eyes for a minute and think of a calm happy place, really let this soak in for about 5 minutes, then remember heart palpatations are just part of the anxiety and as soon as you relax they will subside, I see with my anxiety absolutly nothing brings them on they just happen, It will be okay, just breathe and perhaps try and do a crossword or soemthing small that will stop your thoughts from going all over the place

Reply to ANON
Posted by: lizard | 2011/02/25

take a chill pill

Reply to lizard