Question
Posted by: Jean | 2011-10-10

Anxious/heavy feeling

Hi, Doc

For the past week and half i have been struggling to sleep, i don''t know whether i am stressed or not (a bit tired), when i go to bed in the evening, i have this anxious feeling i have not sure why and my chest feel heavy and it feels as if my heart rate drops, it feels better when i do some breathing exercises and lie facing down. one more thing, there is some weakness in my right hand. Should i be concernced?

Jean

You are definately anxious before bedtime and this will impair your sleep. I suggest that you consult your doctor for a script for Trepilene 5 to 10 mg at night. If you do suffer from general anxiety disorder, your doctor can prescribe a newer generation antidepressant that can be taken in the morning to alleviate your symptoms. Your doctor will also assess the weakness in your hand and if warranted, x-rays of your neck can be done to determine if there is nerve impinchment causing the weakness of your hand.