Posted by: E | 2009-03-16

Anxious and attacks

I have been terribly anxious and have been having panic attacks recently due to stress. I havent been able to think straight, am very figity and have been having chest pains and headaches and dont know what to do. Unfortunately this is due to my house, my job and the things in my life which I cannot control.
Is there anything you could suggest as I feel I cannot keep this up before something bad happens to me.

OK, that convincingly sounds like an anxiety disorder, and it should respond well to proper treatment, with CBT counselling and medication probably best of the type also used to treat depression. I'd be cautious about using sedative tranquillizers, except for the first few days while the other meds start working, because they can make you drowsy and make it harder to work efficiently in solving your problems.