Question
Posted by: KAT | 2010/08/04

ANXIETY/DEPRESSION!!!

Goodday, I want to find out I had a baby two years ago do I have post natal depression/depression? I have so much anxiety I break into a cold sweat during the day/night. I have 2 children I love very much, but I have this awfull thoughts and are scared of hurting them. I am so scared of knifes/scissors etc because I''m scared I''ll hurt someone with it. I am the person with the softest heart and I love my children dearly, but I am suffering from BAD depression and just want this feelings/thoughts to go away. I am currently taking Adco-Talomil, but I''ve been using it for almost 5 weeks and just feels a little better but not much. Do you have any advice for me please I just want to be my old self again.

To clarify what the problem really is, your best plan should be to see a good local psychiatrist for a proper in-person assessment, and a discussion of your treatment options, which may include medication and/or counselling / therapy.
You seem to be describing a depression, but more than that, and need more expert advice and supervision of treatment. If you are on a reasonable dose of Talomil and have not noticed improvement within 2 to 3 weeks, let alone 5, then that particular drug does not seem to suit you, and a different approach is needed.
Do see a local shrink for review, and you should be able before long to get back to being as well as you say - treatment's pretty good at getting you back to your old self again, sometimes even a bit better than that !

1