Question
Posted by: mail | 2009-09-25

anxiety over rnegative results

hi guys,i m so stressed everyday,i think i have anxiety over things that im afaraid they might happen to me,longtime back i had a possible hiv exposure when the condom broke with someone rumoured to be positive,he eventually died,but fortunately he had not yet ejaculated when it busted,in a minute he put another condom,so the fact that i got involved unknowingly with hiv+ person,make me scared of having sex,i ended the relationship,after six months dumped him i tested negative for hiv,even now after three years i still have the anxiety that i might have hiv,even though its been that long,i just tested it came back negative,so howcan anyone help me on how to remove this bad experience from my mind,the problem is i consider myself a good girl hence i used condom that time,even now i still do,the problem is my boyfriend want to marry me now,and possibly afterwards we will need kids,but with this fears i might not allow him to enter me without condom,i fear hiv with my whole heart,what must i do,or how to accept my hiv negative status.

YOu really need, and deserve, to see a counsellor to deal with both your specific wories, and your habit of worrying even when it isn't helpful to you. If you just tested negative, it is impossible that you contracted HIV from that ocasion 3 years ago. If your bf is tested ( and both partners should be, before mariage ) and is HIV negative, then he can't transmit the virus to you, or vice versa. But it is the anxiety that is harming you, not the virus. See a counsellor