Question
Posted by: lulu | 2012-07-21

anxiety or heart?

dear Dr, i have had flu for the past 2 weeks but have been having shortness of breath, a sharp pain from under my left armpit coming across the top of my left breast, when i exert myself in any way i become battle to breath, the heart beats extremely fast and my left arm feels like its becoming numb, my question is - is this anxiety attack or heart/angina attack? thank you for your time. regards Lulu

Lulu

It is not an anxiety attack and I therefore, suggest that you consult your doctor as soon as possible. You might be suffering from pluritis (inflammation of the tissue surrounding the lung) or myocarditis (inflammation of the heart tissue). Do not over exert yourself in any way and consult your doctor as soon as possible.