Posted by: Zizo | 2009-03-02

Anxiety or Depression

Dear Doc

I have been having these symptoms lately: backaches, headaches,get irritated for no reason,loss of concentratrion,sensitive to light,crying for no reason,hor flushes and chills and sometimes short breath.This also impacts negatively on my work performance.I forget importtant details and in meetings I feel like a spare wheel where by I dont add any vaulable contribution.I sometimes forget what I meant to say and this is very embarrassing.After every meeting I feel like kicking myself.My self esteem is also compromised. There isn' t anything in particular that I think may be the cause of this.Please help!

Either or both could cause the symptoms you descibe. DO see at the ery elast a really good GP, preferably a good local psychiatrist, for a full assessment and diagnosis, and then a discussion of treatment options. These are conditions which respond really well to treatment, and may need some counselling and rest, maybe not even medication

Posted by: lilly | 2009-03-02

is it not menopause?
i think you are stressed, take a break from work for a few days if you can, go for walks in nature and swim. take care of you diet.. that can affect moods etc. exerciese, do a few things that you enjoy,.
i wish you well &  hope you feel better soon.

Reply to lilly