Question
Posted by: hippi | 2008-11-18

anxiety of public speaking

i need help, i have a really anxiety for public speaking and is affecting my career very badly as i need to make presenations 80 percent of the time and be influencial and make a presence in the meetings. the fustrating thing is that i know i do not have a reason to feel this way as when i am at my comfort zone i am very loud, demanding and incontrol. please point me to the institutions or specialist that can assist.

ANy good psychologist or psychiatrist can help IF they provide Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy, a specific form of counselling which is highly effective in dealing with this form of social anxiety disorder ; some meds can also help. Fortunately, this very frustrating condition generally responds really well to treatment