Question
Posted by: Sunflower | 2009-03-16

Anxiety not making my baby sleep?

I am a very stressed person and have bipolar and lately have this great anxiety feeling seeing myself and my boyfriend had a huge fight and now we are really not connecting or talking anymore. I asked him to forgive me and not do this for our baby' s sake, but he is as stubborn as you can get. Can my feeling of stress and anxiety be causing my baby not to want to sleep or only sleep for short periods and only want to sleep near me? This makes me worried even more.

CHildren, even as babies are indeed usually very well able to pick up on the parent's emotions, especially when a mother is tense and anxious. Seeing a counsellor to help you deal better with your own anxiety will probably help your baby to sleep better