Question
Posted by: DTBM | 2012/06/11

Anxiety Medication during pregnancy

Hubby and I are trying to conceive. I suffer frequently from anxiety attacks. Currently I am taking alzam when I feel the onset of an attack. I want to know if it is safe to take whilst trying to conceive and then once pregnant? Can one take Biral when pregnant?

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi D

Alzam is contraindicated in pregnancy, and women who are pregnant or are planning on becoming pregnant should avoid taking it.
Regarding Biral, in my opinion it should best be avoided in pregnancy or breastfeeding as there is too little information available (from research) to call it 'safe' or 'unsafe'.

Your options would include something like Rescue remedy, or a safer prescription alternative on the advice of your Gynae.

1
Posted by: pharmacist | 2012/06/13

Hi D

Reply to pharmacist