Question
Posted by: Blondie | 2011/06/12

Anxiety /Lack of interest

Hi Dr what is your take on wellbrutin ? I have used ciprlex before and it was great but made me pile on the weight ....

Ibe of a great many alternative antidepressants, ; one that is a bit more different from the others than most. Some people gain weight on many ADs, but it's not inevitable on any of them. Seems less likely with Wellbutrin, as are sexual side-effects.
I do wish shrinks and docs prescribing ANY drug, would take the care to explain the drug and their reasons for choosing it, and possible side-effects and precautions, with their patient

2
Posted by: baby doll | 2011/06/13

I know your question is directed to the doc, but I am currently on welbutrn and I must say it''s amazing. For me. Obviously we all vary and you would need to chekc with your psychiatrist, but from my personal point of view: it did not make me put on weight, my motivation levels went up, my aggression subsided. It''s one of the few meds I''ve been on that doesn''t make you put on weight :-)

Reply to baby doll