Question
Posted by: Stressed | 2012-06-25

Anxiety eating

Please advise asap.

I have been suffering anxiety attacks off and on the last two years. I managed to get it under control for a while then my hubby went away for work a couple of weeks ago and I got sick and then had panic attack. When I get these panic attacks/anxiety attacks I feel like a have low blood sugar and constantly feel hungry and eat just to try avoid feeling sick cos I also feel extremely nauseous when these attacks occur. I am taking motilium to curb the nausea and 0.5mg alzam when the onset of the attack starts. I am so tired of feeling this way - can you recomend a psychologist who can help me get to the route of this eating disorder.
I used to be a relaxed happy person and now I feel so highly strung and like a complete basket case as I am always worrying about if I am going to feel ill and then i do feel ill.

Expert ImageEating Disorders Expert

Hi "Stressed",
From your description, it does not seem obvious that you suffer from an eating disorder, but that you seem to suffer from an anxiety disorder with panic attacks. I suggest you consult with your G.P., psychiatrist or a psychologist to first be thoroughly assessed before a management plan is made. Please email me if you need a recommendation in the Cape Town area.
Regards,
Graham

1
Posted by: Eating Disorders Expert | 2012-06-28

Hi "Stressed",
Regards,
Graham

Reply to Eating Disorders Expert