Posted by: Panic sufferer | 2009-03-23

Anxiety disorder support group

Does anyone know of a support group in Durban specifically for people suffering from Panic disorder?

I am a 27 year old female and I suffer from panic disorder with severe panic attacks

I am on medication to help me but I would like to meet other people with the same problem and see how they cope as I cannot afford to go to a psychologist or psychiatrist and I would like to try CBT

I have gone the the free government psychologists and psychiatrists but I feel I am nothing but a number to these people as they are very unhelpful and uncompassionate!

Please if anyone has any information could you answer my post?

A big Thank you to Cybershrink for the amazing job you are doing - you are one of the most compassionate people I have come across in a very long time.

An uncompassionate therapist is of no use. Have you contacted the Anxiety-Depression Support Group ( number on this page ) who should know of any relevant groups in Durban. Its been a pleasure to help you so far, and look forward to hearing of your continuing improvements. Maybe we should explore more options for more specific support groups online.

Posted by: Me | 2009-03-24

Good point maybe you could instigate a support group online for Anxiety-Depression good idea.

Reply to Me