Question
Posted by: Rihanna | 2008/10/20

Anxiety attack

What leads to it and what is the symtoms of an azxiety attect? I started feeling bad on Saturday, had chest pain, heart beating very fast, my right hand shaking and became very weak. I went to hosipital, they put me on a drip, did some test and said there is nothing wrong with my heart but could tell what caused it? The doctor said maybe it was an anxiety attack. What are the symtoms so that I can know in future to worry ot not? and why does a person get an anxiety attack?
Please help

Dear Rihanna
An anxiety attack happens when you breathe too fast because you feel very anxious. Test yourself on this website - general anxiety disorder and panic attack questionnaires. If you test positive, speak to your doctor about treatment
http://www.drhansdreyer.com/questionnaire.php