Question
Posted by: Lua | 2011/05/26

Anxiety and weight loss

Hi there,

I have been anxious and stressed for the last couple of weeks. I have had indigestion, nausea, a sour/bad taste in my mouth and I have lost a few kilo''s. Can this be due to anxiety and stress. I have been eating though.

I had a full blood count, stool samples and a gastroscopy and all is fine.

Can you help me?

These symptoms are pretty typical of anxiety / stress, and especialy as you have checked and nothing significant has been found physically.
LONG, long before doing a gastroscopy, I would have explored what situationsm make you feel anxious and stressed. Simple and effective treatments for anxiety and stress include CBT ( Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy ) a form of talkng therapy that helps you to avoid and control whatever makes you feel anxious, and also medications such as some also used to treat depression. Such treatments are effective and don't need to take long

2
Posted by: Lua | 2011/05/26

Thanks so much for your reply.

I have been off and on Cilift for the past few years. I know it works for me. I am just waiting for it to kick in. I have been on it for 14 days. 7 half a table and 7 full, but when I went off the last time I was on 40mg. Now I am only taking 20mg.

I was at a really good place before this happened and I just got married two months ago. Just after the honeymoon I started feeling this way and the problems started. That is when the nausea and other symptoms increased. I am trying very hard to pick up some weight though and am stressing about this too.

I had a rough time of the meds having a fight with my then new mother in law and that is when I had a burning feeling and while arguing I had some anxiety symptoms. It dissappeard after that and returned after returning back to work after the honeymoon. I thought it was an ulcer, but apparently not. So I am hoping it is just the anxiety causing all this trouble.

Reply to Lua