Question
Posted by: Lua | 2011/06/06

Anxiety and Rectal pressure

Hi there,

Can anxiety cause rectal pressure. It feels like I need to fart/poop all the time.

I am on cilift starting my 4th week. Still feel pretty worried in the mornings. Howlong does this take to work fully.

Please help.

Anxiety fairly typically includes increased muscle tension, which may produce or exaggerate various symptoms in which muscle tension may play a role. And if you have some reason for being anxious about darting / pooping anxiety for any other reason could exaggerate this, and the attention you pay to rectal sensations. Cilift, like any current antidepressant usually takes 2 to 3 weks to show its potential benefits for you ( none suits everyone ). If it is not significantly improving the situation for you after a month, discuss with your shrink changing to a different AD which may suit you better

1