Posted by: FJP | 2009-03-04

Anxiety and Paroxetine + XANOR SR

I was diagnosed with GAD ( general anxiety ) and depression. and Dr placed me on paroxetine 20 mg a day and also got 1 mg of Xanor SR 2 times a day for 3 weeks after three weeks I was to stop the Xanor SR .
I stopped the Xanor on Monday ( after 3 weeks ) and my anxiety came back last night / early this morning. I still have to take the Paroxetine for 6 months . and I am stil taking it daily.
Is it the Xanor withdrawal or the Paroxetine that is not yet working and if so how long before it starts working? Cant stand this anxiety. was fine the 3 weeks I was on XAnor SR

Dear FJP
One should never stop the Xanor suddenly, one should slowly reduce the dosage first to once a day, then to 1/2 a day or 1 every second day otherwise it does cause rebound anxiety. Tell your doctor so that he can prescribe a few more for you to taper off with