Question
Posted by: Kathleen | 2010/01/18

Anxiety after a MVA

I had an accident last year. I had the right of way on the road and a driver " jumped"  the stop street and wrote off my car. I received facial injuries etc. At first I seemed to cope okay once I had a new car, but now it seems that as time goes by, I am more and more afraid to drive every day. I actually feel physically ill when I have to drive. I am a bit of a control freak and surmise that my fear is because I had absolutely no control over the accident - it was not my fault and there was nothing I could do to avoid it. However, this info. is not helpful and I am still terrified each time I have to get nehind the wheel. Any advice? Thanks.

One may develop various post-traumatic reactions, including PTSD, at varying times after a traumatic experience. See a shrink for a proper assessment, perhaps a psychologist, and Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy, CBT, ould help you to clear up this problem

2