Question
Posted by: miekie | 2012/06/07

Anxiety

Hi Prof
I''ve been ill recently nearly for 9 days with a stomach and flu bug.
Went to gp for meds after the otc meds did not help. Why were my anxiety levels so high during this period? Like dizziness and heart palpitations etc. It was very hard for me to stay calm and focussed.

Is there any connection?

Thanks from a very cold Gauteng.

Hard to guess. As Maria said, some of the meds used to help the symptoms of flu can themselves make one feel very jumpy, irritable, dizzy, and with palpitations, and maybe that[s the most likely cause. And yes, depending on the type of stomach problems, those can at times interfere with the proper absorption of various meds.
Sharing the shivers of frozen Gauteng !

2

Sharing the shivers of frozen Gauteng !

Posted by: Maria | 2012/06/07

Do you take anxiety medication? It might not have been absorbed probably due to your digestive problems. Anxiety can also be a side effect of some medications.

Reply to Maria