Question
Posted by: KIMMY | 2011/06/23

ANXIETY

Since a very bad break up in January, I have developed anxiety it when away for awhile, but last week it just came back and I feel like im having a heart attack its so horrible, I googled it and they said just relies it’ s a anxiety a attack and go with it don’ t fight it, I try everything I relax ect but nothing, it does come worse when I do something I feel is stupid, im a constant worrier of what people think of me as well. Ect I went out the other night had a few drinks danced with friends, the next day I get anxiety like I made a fool of my self but my friends say I was fun and I did nothing wrong, im starting to think im just a constant worrier.

Please advise.

Was the anxiety just there in the background, or did it come in episodes, perhaps related to something specific happening ? Anxiety attacks are of course unpleasant, and its actually common that people feel so bad that they fear they'll have a heart attack or stroke, or otherwise die. They don't, but it feels that way.
And its also a common part of anxiety that one over-worries about things, which seem more huge and important to you than to others ; it can be hard to get them into proportion.
Ideally you should see a shrink, and at least a GP, for an assessment and a discussion of treatment options. Some medications like some also used to treat depression, help to reduce and then stop such anxiety attacks. Some meds one can take, either by swallowing, ot allowing them to dissolve under your tongue, when such an episode is common on, to make it go away. And some talking therapies like CBT counselling, can help you to understand these reactions and to gain direct personal control over them

2
Posted by: Kasandra | 2011/06/23

sorry did you get anxiety the next day cause you drank too much and thought you made a fool of yourself.

you say you had a terrible break up, did this effect your self esteem and do you now tend to drink a bit more when going out.

maybe then drinking less would be the answer to avoid the anxiety.

try to see what triggers the anxiety and work from there.

good luck

Reply to Kasandra