Question
Posted by: ANGEL | 2011/01/13

anxiety

sorry doc, i am on 20mg cipramil and the zopax, but the cipramil dossage feels a bit strong. i am on it now for 24 days and want to know if i rather should take 10mg to see if its not better, what would you advise? my anxiety is not servere and i only get it when i need to drive a specific road.

please advise

OK. Still issues the doc should have discussed with you and still should. @0 mg is a usual dose, but sometimes people will start on the 10 mg dose for a week or two to get used to the drug, and then increase to 20.
With an anxiety so focussed on a specific cause, I wouldn't use drugs at all, but see a psychologist for Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy, CBT, which can help you relatively rapidly learn top understand why you feel anxiety in that pearticular situation only, and how to control and avoid that anxiety.

1