Question
Posted by: Es | 2010/05/12

Anxiety

I suffer from anxiety and take Ativan - I used to take Coverysyl plus for high blood pressure but went off this as every time my blood pressure was checked it was ok - I have been experiencing headaches every day for the past month - would not taking my blood pressure medication cause anxiety - the psychiatrist has tried all sorts of other meds eglynol, cipralex, effexor etc but the anxiety only gets worse - I am at my wits end becaue every day I suffer from anxiety - I have been to a psychologist too

A temporarily high BP can be caused by anxiety, and can return to normal when you stop being anxious. But headaches can be caused by Hiogh BP AND / or by anxiety. Egloneyl is pointless to take. Usually other modern antidepressants do help anxiety - but possibly an excellent treatment for you would be CBT, Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy, which could teach you to control your own anxuety and to a useful extent to control your Blood pressure, too. Its the best established treatment your psychologist ought to be able to use with you ( analytically-based treatments in a situation like this are worse than useless ).

1