Question
Posted by: dw | 2010/04/21

anxiety

Dr, I am currently on 150mg Venlor for a month now. My anxiety is much better and sometimes goes altogether and then sometimes comes back badly. I dont want to go on a higher dose because it is expensive. I am trying to control it by using CBT. Should I rather stick to this method or should I go back to my psychiatrist?

CBT is a good idea, though combination with medication would probably be better. I think it'd be best to discuss this with your psychiatrist diorectly ( he presumably knows you rather well ) - that the anxiety is better at times shows that it can be relieved, but I'd be concerned as to why it is stil coming back at other times

2
Posted by: dw | 2010/04/21

Sorry doc, I meant to say trying to control the anxiety I still get with CBT - I am obviously on Venlor longterm. Thanks.

Reply to dw