Question
Posted by: Esme | 2010/02/16

Anxiety

I have been to the psychiatrist - she is the one that has tried all the various treatments - I was also taking Trepilene which is great for sleeping but I am still drowsy the next day - now that I am off it I find my fybromyalgia and headaches are back - is there anything similar to Trepilene but without the drowsiness

Trepiline is an effective AD, and sedative, and lasts for longer after a dose than some other ADs. Discuss this with your psychiatrist - there are indeed other antidepressants with similar chemical actions, which may be less sedative - and also, planning the best TIME at which to take the drug, even Trepiline, may avoid the hangover effect. Interestingly, such drugs are both very valuable when Depression is present and playing a role in the pain and other symptoms ( depression is a most effective amplifier of pain and other symptoms ) they are also helpful when no depression is present.

2
Posted by: Susie | 2010/02/16

My duaghter takes 100mg Trepeline and with her it takes about 12 hours to wear off. She takes it at 6pm if she needs to get up at 6am. She finds it very effective for pain management.

Reply to Susie