Question
Posted by: Esme | 2010/02/12

Anxiety

I take two Ativan sublingual every morning - by the afternoon my anxiety is so high but I dont want to take any more - in fact I want to get off them - how do I achieve this - is there an alternative - I have tried Xanor (put me to sleep) rivitrol and various SSRIS - Cipralex (makes anxiety symptoms worse), Effexor, Eglonyl, apart from this I take Adco Zolpidem because I sleep so badly - I suffer from IBS and Fybromyalgia, was taking Trepilene but felt too drowsy for most of the day, I must say it made me sleep better - there must be an end to all this pain and anxiety

CBT ( Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy ) is ECELLENT for anxiety disorders, helping you to learn how to control your own anxiety ; and some of the meds also used to treat Depression, can be really helpful, though as you have experienced, some may add to anxiiety, and many meds used for anxiety can make one drowsy instead.
I hope you have been seen and properly assessed by a specialist psychiatrist, as in a complex situation like this when you have tried a number of different remedies, you need a specialist assessment and advice based on the findings of that

3
Posted by: Esme | 2010/02/25

Is there an alternative to Trepilene but something that does the same - as I say it worked marvellously, I slept well, had no aches and pains and no headaches - BUT I felt drowsy the next day till about lunch time - are there any non drowsy medications - I have been to a psychiatrist and it is she who put me on the Ativan so I am loathe to go back

Reply to Esme
Posted by: Esme | 2010/02/15

I have been to the psychiatrist - she is the one that has tried all the various treatments - I was also taking Trepilene which is great for sleeping but I am still drowsy the next day - now that I am off it I find my fybromyalgia and headaches are back - is there anything similar to Trepilene but without the drowsiness

Reply to Esme