Question
Posted by: ML | 2009/11/12

Anxiety

I have a great fear of losing my son (5y). It just keeps popping into my head that I may never see him again. I have 2 yet it is only his face that pops up. I love both dearly. I also wake up at nights with a sensation somebosy is in the house. At first I actually see a person, but then I realise it is just furniture. This has been happening for +/- 10 years already. What could be the reason, and what can stop this.

These sort of obsessive fears and troublesome, intrusive thoughts are often related to depression and anxiety disorders, and can respond really well to treatment from a psychiatrist or psychologist, potentially with antidepressant meds,and CBT ( Cognitive-Behaviour Thwrapy ).

1