Question
Posted by: BOBO | 2009-10-07

ANXIETY

BEEN ADMMITTED AND DIAGNOSED WITH ANXIETY.WHY IT CAUSES SHORT BREATH AND I' M TOLD THAT THERE IS NO CURE.WHAT CAN I DO TO CONTROL THE ATTACK.

Expert ImageAnxiety disorders guest experts

It is important that your symptoms are assessed by a medical practitioner as they may be related to a general medical condition and/or mental health difficulty. If the symptoms relate to a mental health difficulty then assistance of a mental health professional such as a specialist psychiatrist or clinical psychologist should be helpful.

David Blackbeard
Clinical Psychologist
Riverview Manor Specialist Clinic

2
Posted by: Lisa | 2009-10-07

" The thyroid is one of the largest endocrine glands in the body. This gland is found in the neck inferior to (below) the thyroid cartilage (also known as the Adam' s apple in men) and at approximately the same level as the cricoid cartilage. The thyroid controls how quickly the body burns energy, makes proteins, and controls how sensitive the body should be to other hormones. The thyroid participates in these processes by producing thyroid hormones, principally thyroxine (T4) and triiodothyronine (T3). These hormones regulate the rate of metabolism and affect the growth and rate of function of many other systems in the body. Iodine and tyrosine are used to form both T3 and T4. The thyroid also produces the hormone calcitonin, which plays a role in calcium homeostasis. The thyroid is controlled by the hypothalamus and pituitary. Hyperthyroidism = overactive thyroid and hypothyroidism = underactive thyroid."  The thyroid regulates EVERY cell in your body, so if your levels are out, your whole body is thrown out. Trust me - THIS DOES NOT ONLY AFFECT YOU PHYSICALLY, IT AFFECTS YOU MENTALLY TOO! An example - when I was Hyperthyroid, I was short of breath because my heart was working too fast. To control a panic attack - repeat and repeat until you feel better... " I no longer fear the thought of having another panic attack"  until the feeling goes away. Get your levels checked, if they come back ok, check your iron levels, etc. Your body only becomes anxious when there is an imbalance - AND DO NOT LET THE DOCTORS JUST PUT YOU ON A TRANQUILIZER!!!

Reply to Lisa
Posted by: BOBO | 2009-10-07

WHAT ARE THYROID CAUSE I MOST OF THE PEOPLE ARE ADVISING ME TO CHECK THEM

Reply to BOBO