Posted by: Sandra | 2009-09-25

Hi, i am going to be writing exams next month and i have already started panicking over the exams and i am always worried that i will not pass. i would like to know how to get over this anxious feeling so that i can concentrate on studying?

See a counsellor musing CBT ( Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy ) methods, and learn how to control your amxiety and your growing habit of negative thinking. Your educational institution should be able to recommend someone who can help with this. Worrying a bit can be helpful, panicking about exams is no use at all

Posted by: Rick | 2009-09-28

Ive been studying part time for many years, doing different degrees and diplomas, in the accounting and auditing field. My advice to you is to stay calm and relaxed before an exam, nerves are good cause they keep you focused. Being panic stricken is no good, it doesnt help you.

The key is to make sure that you have adequatley prepared for your exams. If you havent , then of course you will panic. Get enough sleep, eat healthily (dont snack!) and go to gym and exercise cause it releases stress. Soft classical music in the background shouldnt distract you too much, I find the radio very distracting.

Dont obsess before an exam. I wrote an exam last Tuesday, the pass mark is 75% its part of the Certified Internal Auditors qualification, I stopped studying on the Monday afternoon and never opened a book again. I passed. But I had studied very hard and knew my work, was nervous though, but didnt panic.

Good luck with your studies, remember that exam technique is just as crucial in exam success.

Reply to Rick
Posted by: Sandra | 2009-09-25

Thank you for the advice, im thinking that if i have the radio on and listen to music will help me relax while i study. i just tend to over think and over analyze everything before exams.

Reply to Sandra
Posted by: almost mad | 2009-09-25

wow...its hard to be constructive. Try starting a study group with a friend. Or making spider dagrams with colour pens, it always helps using creativity to get rid of anxiety and and at the same time studying. S**t, I wanna help becauae I know how it feels but it isnt easy is it? Sit down and make a list of what needs to be done and studied in an organised way.This will help you to see that it probably isnt as bad as you think it is. Put a song on and dance the energy out.

Reply to almost mad