Posted by: Steve | 2009-07-23

What causes a panic attack? I need to suppress anxiety on a daily basis by using Alzam, which I find very effective.

A scientific answer would take an hour or more of typing and reading. Paic attacks are caused by chemical malfunctions within the brain. Sedative drugs like Ativan can suppress the immediate symptoms of severe anxiety, and Ativan is one which can be absorbed quite quickly if one holds the tablet under your tongue.
But relying solely on Ativan is like relying solely on a fire extinguisher, rather than removing the causes of the fires. Drugs also used to treat depression can be very effective in reducing the chemistry that leads to pani attacks, and CBT ( Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy ) can also help you to learn how to avoid and control attacks.

Posted by: Liza | 2009-07-23

Alzam is part of the benzo class of medication and is potentially addictive if used for long periods.

CBT helps for anxiety without having to drink medication and if you still have anxiety there are anti-depressants that help with anxiety that are not addictive.

I think the Alzam should only be used in emergencies and not on a daily basis. An unresponsible shrink once prescribed me Rivotril for a long time. Naturally I became addicted. It was a VERY hard process to taper it off and stop using it. Not only that, but I also suffered from severe short term memory loss for a long time afterwards.

Good Luck with your anxiety. I know it' s not an easy road to travel.

Reply to Liza
Posted by: Eolathin | 2009-07-23

I also control my anxiety through doing yoga. Really works for me :)

Reply to Eolathin