Posted by: AJB | 2009-06-14

Hey I' m a 25 year old very healthy female that is using citalopram 10 daliy for slight depression and anxiety. The problem is that I get like hot flushes through out the day, even if I do eat a healthy breakfast and lunch and in between... my mother thinks that it is sighns of an anxiety attack, but I think it is low blood glucose! I will be busy with something at work and then get weak in my knees, heart pulpitations, sweat and hot flushes, so bad that I would have to sit down and eat something, but a hour later I feel the same! This is really working on my nerves as I don' t know when and were this is going to happen to me and what can I do about my condition? I got separated from my ex about 6 month' s ago after a 5 year relationship and through emotional eating I put on some weight that is just impossible to lose as I feel so bad if I go without food to long.

It sounds like if your mother made the correct diagnosis, namely anxiety. Consult your doctor to give you a prescription for Ativan 1mg SL which can be taken when these symptoms occor.

Ask him/her to also do a hormone profile to exclude any hormonal imbalance that might also be the cause for your symptoms. A glucose tolerance test can also be done, to exclude abnormal glucose levels.