Posted by: Angie | 2008-11-25

I am 20 years old and suddenly struggling to breath. When this first happened I was watching tv and it suddenly felt like I couldn' t breath. Then my hands had that stinging feeling and I felt like fainting. I got at the hospital and they said it was a Anxiety Attack,

Then 2 days after that the same happened EXCEPT that I had ' n rash on my right hand and on my left arm.

The rash still isn' t gone and when i sleep it feels like I stop breathing. I really struggle to breath all the time now and not just during the attack.

Last night I woke up and felt like my neck is numb and the Rash was very red. I also vommited and I have a caught and my nose is blocked.

I was not stressed when this started happening. I am starting to get worried now.
What could this be? Is it Anxiety attacks and why suddenly I struggle to breath all the time? I have Asma but I' m certain it doesn' t have anything to do with it.

Please help.

Dear Angie
You may have an underlying viral infection. If you have a history of Asthma you need to have a lung function test done at your physician or pulmonologist. Viral infections can irritate the airways and cause bronchospasm of the lungs