Posted by: Kelly | 2008-11-20

Dear, Cybershink

I have been on cilift (anti depressant) fro 3 weeks now.

I was previously anxious and depressed, but I find that the depression is not as bad as before my though patterns have changed.

But I am more anxious than before, I have public anxiety that sometimes I cannot even enter the office to come and work, or mostly attend fuunctions

Is the something else I can use for the anxiety?

Please help me!!!!

What would probably be most effective would be to ask your shrink / doc to refer you to someone who can add CBT, Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy, to your treatment, so you can learn to handle the anxiety better. Some people grow a bit more anxious on some antidepressants, though usually not with Cilift.

Posted by: Dee | 2008-11-20

I went on to anti-depressants for anxiety, and I definitely felt worse before I felt better. It took me about six weeks to feel okay. I guess everybody is different, but don' t give up - and I agree that CBT can help.
Good luck.

Reply to Dee
Posted by: Kelly | 2008-11-20

Reply to Kelly