Question
Posted by: bernz | 2008/10/22

anxiety

Good day CS i' m having an enormous amount of anxiety and i just want to know what the signs of an anxiety attack are please I' m short of breath, headache, cant focus, feel faint and nauseous and i tend to have muscle spasms. please could you give me some advice i' m really not feeling good and am scared

kind regards
bernz

THough of course these symptoms could have other causes, they can all be associated with an anxiety episode. And as during an anxiety attack, one's system gets flooded temporarily with more than usual amounts of the emergency-signalling chemicals, one tends to panic and feel scared and expect something awful to happen. Fortunately, it doesn't. Seeing a doc could help to get meds to calm such episodes, and perhaps CBT counselling so as to be able to better avoid them or master them if they should arise again